What is it? | Become an Ocean Guardian School | Example Projects | Schools in the News
Ocean Guardian Schools in the News
Willow Creek Academy (Marin County)
Kenwood Elementary School (Somona County)
Hueneme High School (Ventura County)
Loma Verde Elementary School (Marin County)
Will C. Wood Middle School (Alameda County)
Pacific Grove Middle School (Monterey County)
- On behalf of the Pacific Grove Middle School Ocean Guardian Club, Luke Hiserman wrote a letter to the Pacific Grove City Council proposing that the city prohibit the use of balloons in open spaces during public events.
- Cedar Street Times: Dec. 17, 2010, page 16 - "PG Middle School Sponsors Beach Cleanup"
- Cedar Street Times: Dec. 31, 2010, page 16 - "Algal Blooms Harm Wildlife - and Pets"
- Cedar Street Times: Jan. 28, 2011, page 16 - Why Balloons are Verboten in Pacific Grove
- Ceder Street Times: March 11, 2011, page 23 - "Ocean Guardians Essay Prize Winners"
- Ceder Street Times: April 29th, 2011, page 20 - "Paper, Plastic or Planet?"
Santa Barbara HomeBased Partnership School
(Santa Barbara County)
Scotts Valley Middle School (Santa Cruz County)
Back to Ocean Guardian Programs Page