Internal Performance Evaluations
Program performance measures are the yardstick with which the ONMS measures progress towards its goals and objectives. They set specific, time-conditional targets for large, thematic management categories that are addressed across multiple sites and/or headquarters branches. For more information on how each performance measure is tracked and assessed, see the 2007 Performance Evaluation Manual.
Progress Reports provide the most current information on how well the ONMS is meeting the ambitious targets contained in the program performance measures.
The following is a list of past external evaluations of the ONMS on management effectiveness:
- Department of Commerce Office of the Inspector General Report (2008)
- University of Michigan Council Report (2006)
- National Academy of Public Administration Report (2006)
- Program Assessment Rating Tool (PART) for NOAA's Protected Areas (2004)
- National Academy of Public Administration Report (2000)
- General Accounting Office Report (1981)
- National Research Council Report (1997)
- External Review Team Report (1993)