Businesses located in and near sanctuary communities play important roles in the protection of marine resources by promoting sustainable use and responsible recreation and tourism, and helping to raise public awareness about research and conservation efforts. The Sanctuary System Business Advisory Council is an opportunity for us to engage with and empower businesses in the protection and management of marine resources and support opportunities for equitable access. The expertise and diverse perspectives of the Business Advisory Council will be essential as we continue to work to improve visitor experiences, expand and enhance our public-private partnerships, and generate interest in marine conservation and sustainable use.
Members of Business Advisory Council
- Taishya Adams - Outdoor Afro
- Maite Arce - Hispanic Access Foundation
- Dave Bulthuis - Pure Fishing
- Elissa Foster - Patagonia, Inc.
- Marie Fukudome - Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- Taldi Harrison - Recreation Equipment Incorporated (REI)
- Greg Jacoski - Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation
- Greg Klassen - Twenty31 Consulting, Inc.
- Richard Loomis - Executive Strategic Advisor
- Betsy López-Wagner - López-Wagner Strategies
- Joost Ouendag - Viking River Cruises
- Martin Peters - Yamaha Marine Motors
- Sherry L. Rupert - American Indian Alaska Native Tourism Association (AIANTA)
- Jessica (Wahl) Turner - Outdoor Recreation Roundtable (ORR)
- Stephanie Vatalaro - Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation