Ocean Guardian School
Who is Eligible to Participate in the Ocean Guardian School Program
Participation without Funding: Any school (PreK-12) in the United States may apply to participate in the Ocean Guardian School program without funding.
Participation with Funding: Any school (PreK-12) from the following locations below may apply for an Ocean Guardian School grant:
- Any school (preK-12) located in California in the following counties:
- Del Norte, Humboldt, Trinity, Mendocino, Lake, Sonoma, Napa, Marin, Solano, San Francisco, Contra Costa, Sacramento, San Mateo, Alameda, San Joaquin, Santa Cruz, Santa Clara, Stanislaus, Monterey, San Benito, Merced, Madera, Fresno, San Luis Obispo, Kern, Kings, Tulare, Santa Barbara, and Ventura
- Any school (preK-12) located in Washington in the following counties:
- Clallam, Jefferson, Grays Harbor and Pacific
- Any school (preK-12) located in Oregon in the following counties:
- Clatsop, Tillamook, Lincoln, Lane, Douglas, Coos and Curry
- Any school (preK-12) located in Hawai'i
Please review Ocean Guardian School Program Guidelines and Requirements for more detailed information about the Ocean Guardian School program. Please review this document before you complete the application.
Develop a plan of action and a budget that outlines your school- or community-based project. Remember to keep the proposal focused on a single project that contributes to the health and conservation of your local watershed(s), world's ocean and/or national marine sanctuaries.
What Your School Receives
At the end of a funded project period, if program requirements have been met, your school will be recognized by NOAA as an Ocean Guardian School and receive an official Ocean Guardian School banner.
For more information or general support, please contact Alyssa Leadingham.