Sea to Shining Sea - The National Marine Sanctuary System's Newsletter
From the western Pacific waters of American Samoa, east to the Atlantic Ocean, NOAA's Office of National Marine Sanctuaries manages a national network of special places, encompassing more than 600,000 square miles of U.S. ocean and Great Lakes waters. The Office of National Marine Sanctuaries publishes a national newsletter in electronic format and distributed via email to keep our colleagues, collaborators and you! informed about the many activities and accomplishments that take place within our 13 national marine sanctuaries and Papahānaumokuākea and Rose Atoll marine national monuments.
March 2018 Newsletter
- Under a watchful eye, the coral reefs of Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary show signs of resilience
- The USS Monitor: A feat of naval ingenuity and the first national marine sanctuary
- Cataloging the depths of Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary
- Visit Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary
February 2018 Newsletter
- ONMS Celebrates African American History Month with New Story Map
- Underwater Landscaping: Foster Scholar Lindsay Marks removes invasive seaweeds around CINMS
- Finding sanctuary for right whales: A Q&A with Dr. David Wiley
- Pop Quiz: How do you disentangle a 40-ton whale from a tangle of gear?
- New Toolkit Helps Students and Teachers in the Fight Against Marine Debris
- Students lead the zero waste movement by combating marine debris
- Sanctuaries Webpage - now ¡en Español!
Looking Back and Moving Forward: Victories for the Ocean, Wins for All
- 45 Years of America's Underwater Parks
- Spotlight on 2017
- NOAA's New Deputy Director of Office of National Marine Sanctuaries, Dr. Rebecca Holyoke
- NOAA and Partners Assess Reef, Aid Recovery Following Hurricane Irma
- Earth is Blue Anniversary Video
Valuing National Marine Sanctuaries
- Monuments & Sanctuaries: What’s the Difference?
- It Takes a Community
- Dive into your National Marine Sanctuaries Virtually!
- Exploring the Deep Coral Gardens of Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary
- Stories from the Blue
- Capitol Hill Ocean Week
Past, Present, Future
- Eight Amazing Things that Happened across your National Marine Sanctuary System
- Our Vision for America’s Treasured Ocean Places
- Ocean Guardian Schools: Action-Based Environmental Education
- Stories from the Blue: Kimokeo Kapahulehua
Sanctuaries Support Communities
- NOAA Moves to Conserve Shipwrecks in Two New Sanctuaries
- Communities and the Blue Economy
- Volunteering in Sanctuaries